Contact: Maria Zardis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 14, 2019
Macomb County announces new date for 7th annual Macomb Business Awards
Organizers seeking nominations for new award categories
Macomb County leaders today announced Tuesday, April 23 as the new date for the 7th annual Macomb Business Awards, an initiative which recognizes outstanding businesses located in the county's 27 communities. Traditionally, the event is held in the winter, but organizers moved it to spring as a part of a larger update to the celebration. This update includes a new logo and several new award categories:
- Trailblazer of Future Talent - creating partnerships that provide opportunities for the next generation of our workforce to explore career possibilities and experience work-based learning.
- Manufacturer of the Year - in recognition of a manufacturer of any size that is achieving success through its efforts to diversify its customer base, retain employees and/or implement new technologies or efficiencies.
- Corporate Citizen - providing meaningful support to our community through service and/or philanthropy.
- Champion of Work / Life Integration - offering innovative benefits that enable employees to balance work responsibilities with personal passions (Sponsored by MetroParent magazine).
- Model of OneMacomb - cultivating an environment where diversity is valued as evidenced by inclusive practices.
- Hidden Gem - uncovering a unique Made-in-Macomb product or place that more people should know about.
Nominations for the Macomb Business Awards can be submitted through an online form today (Feb. 14) through Friday, March 15. A panel of judges will then review and select winners in each category. All nominated companies will receive two complimentary tickets to the breakfast, which will feature a celebrity emcee, keynote speaker and exceptional networking opportunities. Last year, more than 400 regional leaders attended.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Macomb Business Awards are still available. More information and a link to the sponsorship form is available at www.MacombBusiness.com/bizawards or by contacting Maria Zardis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (586) 469-5285.
1 South Main Street, 7th Floor, Mount Clemens, MI, 48043
General Media Inquires - please contact John Cwikla at 586-463-3523