eMacomb - Featured Article, Fall 2014
Call for nominations: Macomb County Business Awards
County Executive Mark A. Hackel and the Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development’s Business Awards will once again honor outstanding businesses at an annual breakfast to be held on Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015.
The celebration was designed to offer opportunities for companies of all sizes to be recognized for their efforts to succeed and grow. Nominations will be accepted until Dec. 10 in the following categories:
- Champion of Workforce Development – utilizing innovative practices for hiring, training and retaining employees
- Corporate Citizen – meaningful community engagement through service and financial support
- Diversification Leader – success in generating new revenue through new industries and/or markets
- Efficiency Expert – success in increasing cash flow through process and/or energy efficiencies
- Startup Business of the Year - in operation for four years or less with more than two employees
- Model of OneMacomb – outstanding achievement in cultivating an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued
“There are many businesses in Macomb that are taking extra steps to ensure their continued viability and success,” said Executive Hackel. “This program helps us to recognize them while sharing their best practices as an example for others.”
All nominated companies will receive two complimentary tickets to the breakfast and be recognized during the morning. An independent panel of judges will review all nominations and select only one company to receive an impressive crystal award in each category.
More information about the program, open sponsorship possibilities and an online nomination form can be found here.