Macomb County Placemaking Grant
The Placemaking Grant program will fund projects in traditional downtown communities and other established DDA jurisdictions. The grant aims to assist local initiatives that activate public placemaking, or places where people gather and spend time, and that support the sustainability and greening of infrastructure and stormwater systems.
Projects that fit this description would include, but are not limited to:
- Streetscape Beautification & Walkability
- Public Plaza Development/Enhancement
- Access and Connectivity to Public Amenities (River Walks, Canoe Livery, Pier Enhancements)
- Farmers Markets, Pop-Up Retail/Incubator Space (community or non-profit)
- Alley Rehabilitation/Greening
- Green and Sustainable Infrastructure (Rain Gardens, Bioswales, Pollinator Gardens, Etc.)
- Park Enhancements
- Non-Motorized Infrastructure (Benches, Bike Racks, Repair Stations, Wayfinding Signage, Etc.)
- Band shells, Amphitheaters, Outdoor Community Theaters
- Place Branding & Event Implementation
- Murals and Public Art
Eligible projects must have a minimum total development cost of $10,000, where the recipient will commit to a 50 percent match for the project. This match can be in the form of in-kind work, crowdfunding, funding from community partners or allocated dollars from the community/DDA. The maximum award for these grant funds will be $20,000. MCPED is seeking to fund one to two projects per fiscal year.
The application period opens Friday, March3 and closes Friday, March 31, with funding awarded mid-April.
Apply for Macomb County Placemaking Grant Today!