MFG DAY Week October 3 - 7, 2022
What is manufacturing day? It is a national day where high school students can learn about modern-day manufacturing, career options and more. Students are able to visit a local facility and envision their future career. They can connect current classroom learning to on-the-job skills. Careers in manufacturing today are much different than years ago. Today, the manufacturing industry utilizes technology to create and build the latest and greatest products.
The Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD) in conjunction with the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development (MCPED), have begun planning the 9th annual Macomb County Manufacturing Day activities for 2022. Our goal is for 2,000 students from all 27 high schools in Macomb County to participate. MFG Day Host Sites welcome a group of chaperoned students and allow them a chance to see the industry in action by offering tours that showcase different processes as well as the careers involved. Ideas for hosting a 90-120 minute visit are provided as well as an orientation breakfast for connecting with the teacher in charge of your visiting group.
Are you interested in inspiring the next generation of our workforce to consider a career in your industry? Sign up to be a host site or sponsor!
Host Site Details
Macomb County needs host sites that are willing to offer a guided tour(s) for up to 30 students and the teachers or guidance counselors that will supervise them. This is your opportunity to let the next generation of our workforce know that interesting and rewarding jobs await them in the manufacturing sector. Host sites may choose to offer a morning tour and/or an early afternoon tour. A tour lasts from 90-120 minutes. Suggested activities include:
- Welcome/Safety Rules/Meet our Company for the entire group – this is a great time for company leaders to talk about what the company does, who they hire, and what they offer for employees, especially if there are programs in place to help employees advance.
- Three sub-tours that highlight different work areas and careers (including “front office” staff) so that students can rotate through each. This allows for smaller, more manageable groups of ten.
- Opportunities for students to interact with employees who are enthusiastic about their jobs, as well as a chance to see the “product life cycle” in action.
- Increase student exposure to careers in this field
- Highlight career opportunities
- Prepare the future workforce to take the place of retiring baby boomers
What do we need to do?
- Agree to host a tour for up to 30 students (a.m., p.m. or both)
- Prepare a company overview to share with students
- Recruit employees to talk about their jobs and the training they received
Help provided? You bet!
- Ideas for organizing your tour
- Opportunity to meet school personnel before they arrive with students
MFG Day in Macomb County is made possible through the support of many community partners. Aside from educators who organize school trips and the forward-thinking manufacturers who open their doors, we also rely on sponsorship dollars to offset the expenses associated with this event.
- Company profile featured on MacombBusiness.com with a link to your website.
- Company logo prominently displayed on t-shirts to be distributed to 2,000 MFG Day participants.
- First acknowledgement as a sponsor in all related press releases.
- Company profile prominently displayed in program materials for participants and their families.
BIG SUPPORTER: $1,250
- Company logo featured on MacombBusiness.com with a link to your website.
- Company logo printed on t-shirts that to be distributed to student participants.
- Sponsorship acknowledgement in all related press releases.
- Company logo included in program materials for participants and their families
- Company name acknowledged on MacombBusiness.com.
- Company name acknowledged in program materials which will be distributed to participants and their families.
2022 Host Sites
- Baker Industries, a Lincoln Electric Company
- Drake Enterprises, Inc.
- Elite Mold & Engineering
- Fori Automation, Inc.
- L&L Products
- Models & Tools
- Oakley Industries
- PCS Company
- PTI Engineered Plastics
- RCO Engineering, Inc.
- Synergy Additive Manufacturing LLC
- Synergy Prototype Stamping LLC
- Systematic Manufacturing Inc.
- Tarus Products Inc.
- TEMO, Inc.
- UHI Group
- Zero Tolerance, LLC