In Macomb County, you can find educational classes about physical activity and healthy lifestyles. Classes may involve skills training, nutrition education, injury prevention or disease prevention.
Michigan State University Extension
Michigan State University Extension offers various classes and programs about healthy lifestyles, including physical activity. Visit their physical activity website for a complete list of programs or search for a class near you.
Disease Prevention and Management
The following workshops are offered in convenient, easily accessible community locations and are offered for free or low cost:
- Do you have a chronic disease? Learn more about the Personal Action Toward Health (PATH) program.
- Do you have Type 2 Diabetes? Are you a caretaker, friend or family member of someone who has Type 2 Diabetes? Learn more about the Diabetes Personal Action Toward Health (Diabetes PATH) program.
- Are you at risk for diabetes? Learn more about the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) or find a class today.
There are multiple classes and events offered by hospital systems in and around Macomb County.
- Ascension: https://healthcare.ascension.org/Events
- Beaumont: https://classes.beaumont.org/Home.aspx?SoftwareId=Lsne9lu%2bflYZXW79iG3m1A%3d%3d
- Henry Ford Health System: https://www.henryford.com/calendar/event-session-search-results?keyword=&category=&location=Henry+Ford+Macomb+Hospital&datefrom=&dateto=&zip=
- McLaren Hospital: https://www.mclaren.org/main/classes-and-programs
Some school districts in Macomb County provide community education programs.
Are you hosting an educational class that you'd like to see listed here? Let us know!
Where To Do It